How to Power Nap!
All naps are not good naps. A power nap is a quick nap that leaves you feeling refreshed and energized when you wake up. A proper power nap will give both your brain and your body a rest. A power nap may be helpful if you feel yourself tiring and losing focus. Here are a few tips to make the most out of your nap:
- Wear a sleep mask and draw the curtains- The best way to set the mood for your nap is to block out all light. This helps your brain to more efficiently produce melatonin. Melatonin is a hormone that will help induce sleep . The production of melanin will cause you to fall asleep more quickly to be able to get the most out of your nap.
- Put a a time limit on your power nap- It is recommended that you limit your nap to 20 minutes. The purpose of the time limit is to avoid falling into a deep sleep. Pulling yourself out of a sound sleep can cause you to wake up more groggy and tired than before. A quick nap will render you more alert and focused.
- Set an Alarm- This will ensure that you don't sleep more than 20 minutes. But be sure to wake right up when you hear the alarm go off. Don't hit the snooze button!
- Don't schedule your nap too late- Napping too late can interfere with your sleep at bedtime. If at all possible, try to take your power naps before 3 p.m., when needed.
- Avoid distractions- Turn off your cell phone. . Block out any noises that might wake you up and prevent you from getting the most out of your nap.
These tips will help you learn to use your bed for power naps as well as going to sleep at night. There are many benefits to a good power nap. Do you take naps during the day?