How To Decorate Your Tired Bedroom
Can you believe that it is April already? April is Decorating Month which means that it is time to refresh and re-energize your home. Where we live has a large impact on your mood and happiness levels. It is important to feel happy in our surroundings, especially when at home. Decorating Month reminds us to focus on ourselves and our homes. Our bedrooms are a great place to start, since it is an intimate space where we spend the majority of our time.
5 Ways To Decorate Your Bedroom
- Using Textures and Prints. Textures and prints are a fun and easy way to bring some life to your bedroom. Something as simple as a new printed bedspread is enough refresh your room. Adding various, coordinating throw pillows or a new lamp shade are a great ways to add texture.
- Pop of Color. Bringing in a pop of color is a great way to brighten up a bedroom on a smaller scale. The easiest way to do this is by using a vase, lamp or even an accent rug. Choose a color that will stand out from the main theme of your bedroom, yet compliment the current color scheme. What is great about a pop of color is that it is not permanent. If you decide next week, next month or next year that you like green instead of yellow, go ahead and change it!
- Let Your Personality Shine. Take a look around your bedroom as it is right now. Is it YOU? Do you like a lot of pictures and artwork, or maybe bright colors? It is a great time to incorporate more of you into your bedroom. Create an accent wall with your favorite pictures or artwork. Bringing more of your personality into your bedroom will make it feel more like your space and not just somewhere that you sleep.
- Plants and Flowers. Nothing screams "fresh" more than green plants and pretty flowers. Plants and flowers are a great and low cost way to bring some life back to your bedroom. Use a potted plant as an accent on a bookcase or a pretty vase of flowers on your night table. If you do not have a green thumb, don't fret! There are many amazing fakes out there! Bonus to fake plants and flowers, they don't die!
- Get Cozy. There is nothing better than a great bed with comfortable linens. If your bed is lacking, it might be time to invest in a new cozy comforter and linens. Your linens should be soft and luxurious, your bed should not sag and your pillows should not be lumpy. Your bed should look and feel cozy. It should invite you into your bedroom night after night.
No matter what you do to decorate your bedroom, your bed will always be the most important part of your room. Make sure that your mattress is comfortable and your pillows are customized to your sleep style. A Nature's Sleep gel memory foam mattress is a great addition to any bedroom. They are inviting, cozy and their cooling technology is perfect for any sleeper big or small.
How will you freshen up your space this month?