Get Up and Get Out of Bed!
Do you find yourself constantly sleeping? Recently we discussed the effects of not getting enough rest. Ever wonder what happens if you oversleep? You probably didn't know that this can be just as unhealthy for your body! Read on to find out why you should be careful that you are not sleeping too much.
- Did you know that Oversleeping can contribute to the risk of Diabetes? Medical research has determined that people that sleep over 9 hours a night were 50% more likely to develop this disease than those who slept for seven hours. FYI, People who slept for less than five hours per night suffered the same risk.
- Hypersomnia- Oversleeping can be caused by this medical condition, which leads to anxiety, low energy, and medical problems. However, it stands to reason that voluntary oversleeping could possibly cause some of the same side effects, in milder form
- Oversleeping and Obesity- If you get too much sleep, you may be 21% more likely to become obese over a six year period than those who do not.
- Depression- Oversleeping has also been linked to Depression in adults
- Fatigue- Sleeping too much at night or during the day can be counter-effective on your body, leading you to still feel tired and lethargic when you wake up. You may not have the energy needed to make it through the day.
This is why it is important to get up and get out of bed in the morning! Your recommended amount of sleep can vary due to factors such as age, lifestyle, and activeness. At times your body may need more sleep due to illness or injury. It is important to consider these factors and try to get the proper amount of rest, no more, and no less. Our products can help you to wake up feeling refreshed in the morning. Do you oversleep?